Thank you Bebe au Lait, this is my favorite nursing cover! I have tried a few different covers, but this one surpasses the others. By far.
I tend to be a modest mom, but I also need the ability to feed my baby when he’s hungry. So I knew it would be important to find a nice nursing cover. Usually, I do my research, read reviews (like this one) and form an opinion. This new-mommy favorite was a complete stroke of luck. I bought it on a whim at TJ Maxx months before my baby was due so at least I’d have some sort of nursing cover. I think it was one of the best $15 baby investments made so far.
What I love about it
- Full coverage: even for a plus size (2x, size 20 when not pregnant) mom.
- Opening to see baby: You can check latch and look at your gorgeous little babe while they are nursing.
- Lightweight: babes can get hot under a cover, this one is nice and light. And the opening at the top helps get some ventilation down to your baby.
- Inside pockets: the bottom corners are lined with terry cloth and have a pocket. This is GENIUS! The terry cloth can be use to wipe dribble from tiny lips. And the pockets are perfect for a cell phone, keys, etc. They also weight the edges down to keep the cover from flying around (due to baby kicks or wind).
- I think it’s a very cute print.
What I don’t love
- Baby gets hot. It’s still a cover, so it can get warm for baby. And my kiddo was born in January in Minnesota. So it hasn’t even been tried in the hot summer months.
- I honestly don’t know what would improve this product. I try and think, but it’s great.
Bottom line: I was (and am a little still) nervous about nursing in public. I don’t want to be boobs-out when out-and-about. But this product makes the whole process more comfortable for both baby and me.
You can purchase this product, in various prints on Amazon. One link to a different design is here.
Other covers I’ve tried and liked less. Reviews to come later.
- A muslin swaddle blanket
- Bebe au lait nursing scarf
- Boppy nursing cover (this is a close second though)
P.S. Please don’t judge my scrubby (“I just had a baby and am venturing out into the world to maintain my sanity) appearance.