Thank you Bebe au Lait, this is my favorite nursing cover! I have tried a few different covers, but this one surpasses the others. By far.
I tend to be a modest mom, but I also need the ability to feed my baby when he’s hungry. So I knew it would be important to find a nice nursing cover. Usually, I do my research, read reviews (like this one) and form an opinion. This new-mommy favorite was a complete stroke of luck. I bought it on a whim at TJ Maxx months before my baby was due so at least I’d have some sort of nursing cover. I think it was one of the best $15 baby investments made so far.
What I love about it
- Full coverage: even for a plus size (2x, size 20 when not pregnant) mom.
- Opening to see baby: You can check latch and look at your gorgeous little babe while they are nursing.
- Lightweight: babes can get hot under a cover, this one is nice and light. And the opening at the top helps get some ventilation down to your baby.
- Inside pockets: the bottom corners are lined with terry cloth and have a pocket. This is GENIUS! The terry cloth can be use to wipe dribble from tiny lips. And the pockets are perfect for a cell phone, keys, etc. They also weight the edges down to keep the cover from flying around (due to baby kicks or wind).
- I think it’s a very cute print.
What I don’t love
- Baby gets hot. It’s still a cover, so it can get warm for baby. And my kiddo was born in January in Minnesota. So it hasn’t even been tried in the hot summer months.
- I honestly don’t know what would improve this product. I try and think, but it’s great.
Bottom line: I was (and am a little still) nervous about nursing in public. I don’t want to be boobs-out when out-and-about. But this product makes the whole process more comfortable for both baby and me.
You can purchase this product, in various prints on Amazon. Check out this link.
Other covers I’ve tried and liked less. Reviews to come later.
- A muslin swaddle blanket
- Bebe au lait nursing scarf
- Boppy nursing cover (this is a close second though)
P.S. Please don’t judge my scrubby (“I just had a baby and am venturing out into the world to maintain my sanity) appearance.